Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, May 10, 2013 at 1:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 4:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, May 10, 2013 at 01:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.37 meters/second, 1542.1 km/hour, 958.2 miles/hour or 832.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 05.3"||0.10 mi||North||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 07.7"||957.97 mi||West||0° 05' 21.0"||6.13 mi||North||957.76 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 32.2"||766.04 mi||East||1° 44' 17.2"||119.54 mi||North||771.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Fri 11:38 AM||1207 km||750 miles||652 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Fri 12:38 PM||1211 km||752 miles||654 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Fri 1:38 PM||1224 km||761 miles||661 nm||E|
|Majuro||Fri 1:38 PM||2098 km||1304 miles||1133 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Fri 1:38 PM||2371 km||1473 miles||1280 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Fri 10:38 AM||2493 km||1549 miles||1346 nm||WSW|
|Yokohama||Fri 10:38 AM||2523 km||1568 miles||1362 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Fri 10:38 AM||2535 km||1575 miles||1369 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Fri 1:38 PM||2635 km||1637 miles||1423 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Fri 12:38 PM||3021 km||1877 miles||1631 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.