Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, May 10, 2013 at 02:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 4:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, May 10, 2013 at 02:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.19 meters/second, 1541.5 km/hour, 957.8 miles/hour or 832.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.96 mi||west||0° 00' 05.2"||0.10 mi||north||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 07.0"||957.56 mi||west||0° 05' 16.6"||6.05 mi||north||957.35 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 46.3"||765.99 mi||east||1° 42' 30.9"||117.51 mi||north||771.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Fri 12:28 PM||383 km||238 miles||207 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 12:28 PM||484 km||301 miles||261 nm||SSE|
|Melekeok||Fri 11:28 AM||1444 km||898 miles||780 nm||SW|
|Hamamatsu||Fri 11:28 AM||1975 km||1227 miles||1066 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Fri 11:28 AM||1987 km||1235 miles||1073 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Fri 11:28 AM||2013 km||1251 miles||1087 nm||N|
|Palikir||Fri 1:28 PM||2014 km||1251 miles||1087 nm||SE|
|Tokyo||Fri 11:28 AM||2038 km||1266 miles||1101 nm||N|
|Osaka||Fri 11:28 AM||2042 km||1269 miles||1102 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Fri 11:28 AM||2047 km||1272 miles||1105 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.