Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, May 10, 2013 at 11:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 4:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, May 10, 2013 at 11:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.35 meters/second, 1534.9 km/hour, 953.7 miles/hour or 828.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.89 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||North||15.90 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 59.4"||953.44 mi||West||0° 04' 29.9"||5.16 mi||North||953.25 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 57.1"||765.19 mi||East||1° 23' 05.8"||95.26 mi||North||767.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Agadez||Fri 12:28 PM||497 km||309 miles||268 nm||WSW|
|Arlit||Fri 12:28 PM||538 km||334 miles||290 nm||W|
|Zinder||Fri 12:28 PM||620 km||385 miles||335 nm||SW|
|Moussoro||Fri 12:28 PM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||SE|
|Faya-Largeau||Fri 12:28 PM||704 km||437 miles||380 nm||E|
|Ndjamena||Fri 12:28 PM||739 km||459 miles||399 nm||SSE|
|Maradi||Fri 12:28 PM||781 km||486 miles||422 nm||SW|
|Kano||Fri 12:28 PM||815 km||506 miles||440 nm||SSW|
|Mongo||Fri 12:28 PM||950 km||591 miles||513 nm||SE|
|Fada||Fri 12:28 PM||975 km||606 miles||527 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.