Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The Moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 4:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 426.16 meters/second, 1534.2 kilometres/hour, 953.3 miles/hour or 828.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.89 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||North||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 58.7"||953.01 mi||West||0° 04' 24.6"||5.06 mi||North||952.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 08.9"||765.07 mi||East||1° 20' 54.5"||92.75 mi||North||767.64 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Fri 12:28 PM||203 km||126 miles||110 nm||SSW|
|Dori||Fri 12:28 PM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||SSE|
|Ouahigouya||Fri 12:28 PM||532 km||330 miles||287 nm||S|
|Ouagadougou||Fri 12:28 PM||666 km||414 miles||360 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Fri 12:28 PM||678 km||421 miles||366 nm||S|
|Niamey||Fri 1:28 PM||698 km||434 miles||377 nm||SE|
|Koutiala||Fri 12:28 PM||756 km||470 miles||408 nm||SSW|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Fri 12:28 PM||831 km||516 miles||449 nm||SSW|
|Sikasso||Fri 12:28 PM||872 km||542 miles||471 nm||SSW|
|Bamako||Fri 12:28 PM||898 km||558 miles||485 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.