Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 00:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 4:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 00:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.13 meters/second, 1526.9 km/hour, 948.8 miles/hour or 824.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.81 mi||west||0° 00' 03.3"||0.06 mi||north||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 51.3"||948.47 mi||west||0° 03' 19.7"||3.82 mi||north||948.31 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 45.3"||763.29 mi||east||0° 54' 18.6"||62.27 mi||north||763.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Fri 1:28 PM||1010 km||628 miles||545 nm||N|
|Wake Island||Sat 12:28 PM||1799 km||1118 miles||971 nm||W|
|Majuro||Sat 12:28 PM||1900 km||1180 miles||1026 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Fri 2:28 PM||1935 km||1202 miles||1045 nm||E|
|Baker Island||Fri 12:28 PM||2097 km||1303 miles||1132 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sat 12:28 PM||2286 km||1420 miles||1234 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 2:28 PM||2811 km||1747 miles||1518 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Sat 12:28 PM||2851 km||1772 miles||1539 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Sat 11:28 AM||3082 km||1915 miles||1664 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Sat 12:28 PM||3101 km||1927 miles||1674 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.