Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 00:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 4:35 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 00:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.10 meters/second, 1526.8 km/hour, 948.7 miles/hour or 824.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.81 mi||west||0° 00' 03.3"||0.06 mi||north||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 51.2"||948.41 mi||west||0° 03' 18.7"||3.80 mi||north||948.25 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 46.2"||763.25 mi||east||0° 53' 53.9"||61.79 mi||north||763.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Fri 1:38 PM||1015 km||631 miles||548 nm||N|
|Wake Island||Sat 12:38 PM||1516 km||942 miles||819 nm||W|
|Majuro||Sat 12:38 PM||1705 km||1059 miles||921 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Fri 12:38 PM||2115 km||1314 miles||1142 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sat 12:38 PM||2151 km||1337 miles||1162 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Fri 2:38 PM||2213 km||1375 miles||1195 nm||E|
|Yaren||Sat 12:38 PM||2672 km||1660 miles||1443 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Sat 11:38 AM||2824 km||1755 miles||1525 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 2:38 PM||3033 km||1885 miles||1638 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Sat 12:38 PM||3068 km||1906 miles||1657 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.