Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 01:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 1%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 4:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 01:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.98 meters/second, 1526.3 km/hour, 948.4 miles/hour or 824.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.81 mi||west||0° 00' 03.2"||0.06 mi||north||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 50.8"||948.14 mi||west||0° 03' 14.2"||3.71 mi||north||947.99 mi|
|24 hours||348° 19' 10.5"||763.10 mi||west||0° 52' 04.4"||59.70 mi||north||763.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sat 1:28 PM||273 km||170 miles||148 nm||W|
|Majuro||Sat 1:28 PM||1351 km||839 miles||729 nm||S|
|Midway||Fri 2:28 PM||1688 km||1049 miles||911 nm||NE|
|Palikir||Sat 12:28 PM||1813 km||1126 miles||979 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Sat 1:28 PM||2010 km||1249 miles||1085 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Sat 1:28 PM||2198 km||1366 miles||1187 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Fri 1:28 PM||2618 km||1626 miles||1413 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Sat 11:28 AM||2690 km||1672 miles||1453 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sat 1:28 PM||3256 km||2023 miles||1758 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Sat 12:28 PM||3328 km||2068 miles||1797 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.