Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 8:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 4:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 08:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.06 meters/second, 1523.0 km/hour, 946.4 miles/hour or 822.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||North||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.1"||946.06 mi||West||0° 02' 35.0"||2.96 mi||North||945.94 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 59.2"||761.65 mi||East||0° 36' 06.3"||41.39 mi||North||761.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Karachi||Sat 1:34 PM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||N|
|Hyderabad (PK)||Sat 1:34 PM||682 km||424 miles||368 nm||NNE|
|Mumbai||Sat 2:04 PM||700 km||435 miles||378 nm||E|
|Surat||Sat 2:04 PM||713 km||443 miles||385 nm||ENE|
|Ahmedabad||Sat 2:04 PM||765 km||475 miles||413 nm||ENE|
|Vadodara||Sat 2:04 PM||788 km||490 miles||426 nm||ENE|
|Pune||Sat 2:04 PM||815 km||506 miles||440 nm||E|
|Godhra||Sat 2:04 PM||849 km||528 miles||458 nm||ENE|
|Lunawada||Sat 2:04 PM||864 km||537 miles||467 nm||ENE|
|Muscat||Sat 12:34 PM||910 km||566 miles||492 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.