Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at 11:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 25%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 4:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, May 15, 2013 at 11:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.19 meters/second, 1552.3 km/hour, 964.5 miles/hour or 838.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.08 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||South||16.08 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 10.1"||964.32 mi||West||0° 06' 07.2"||7.02 mi||South||964.60 mi|
|24 hours||11° 02' 27.6"||732.53 mi||East||2° 46' 31.4"||190.82 mi||South||761.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vijapura||Wed 4:32 PM||82 km||51 miles||44 nm||WNW|
|Raichur||Wed 4:32 PM||107 km||66 miles||58 nm||ESE|
|Mahbubnagar||Wed 4:32 PM||174 km||108 miles||94 nm||E|
|Hubballi||Wed 4:32 PM||182 km||113 miles||98 nm||SW|
|Kurnool||Wed 4:32 PM||189 km||118 miles||102 nm||ESE|
|Osmanabad||Wed 4:32 PM||195 km||121 miles||105 nm||N|
|Sangli||Wed 4:32 PM||197 km||122 miles||106 nm||WNW|
|Belagavi||Wed 4:32 PM||212 km||131 miles||114 nm||WSW|
|Haveri||Wed 4:32 PM||213 km||132 miles||115 nm||SSW|
|Latur||Wed 4:32 PM||215 km||134 miles||116 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.