Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, May 17, 2013 at 4:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Friday, May 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 4:36 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, May 17, 2013 at 04:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.24 meters/second, 1588.5 km/hour, 987.0 miles/hour or 857.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.7"||16.45 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||South||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 48.7"||986.87 mi||West||0° 08' 49.8"||10.12 mi||South||987.17 mi|
|24 hours||10° 51' 53.2"||737.11 mi||East||3° 46' 13.0"||259.12 mi||South||785.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Thu 6:34 PM||1522 km||946 miles||822 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Fri 6:34 PM||1538 km||956 miles||830 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Thu 4:34 PM||1569 km||975 miles||847 nm||SW|
|Midway||Thu 5:34 PM||2136 km||1327 miles||1153 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 5:34 PM||2315 km||1439 miles||1250 nm||S|
|Majuro||Fri 4:34 PM||2355 km||1463 miles||1272 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Fri 4:34 PM||2405 km||1494 miles||1298 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 4:34 PM||2631 km||1635 miles||1421 nm||SW|
|Apia||Fri 5:34 PM||2813 km||1748 miles||1519 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Fri 4:34 PM||2901 km||1803 miles||1567 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.