Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 04:44:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 4:35 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:25 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 04:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.06 meters/second, 1605.8 km/hour, 997.8 miles/hour or 867.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.7"||16.63 mi||west||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||south||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 48.0"||997.77 mi||west||0° 10' 01.7"||11.49 mi||south||998.02 mi|
|24 hours||10° 56' 44.8"||750.79 mi||east||4° 11' 17.1"||287.80 mi||south||806.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sat 6:44 PM||661 km||411 miles||357 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Fri 6:44 PM||1542 km||958 miles||833 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Fri 4:44 PM||2056 km||1278 miles||1110 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 5:44 PM||2275 km||1414 miles||1229 nm||SW|
|Apia||Sat 5:44 PM||2721 km||1691 miles||1469 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Sat 4:44 PM||2956 km||1837 miles||1596 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Fri 6:44 PM||2969 km||1845 miles||1603 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Fri 5:44 PM||2973 km||1848 miles||1605 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Sat 4:44 PM||3131 km||1945 miles||1691 nm||W|
|Alofi||Fri 5:44 PM||3150 km||1957 miles||1701 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.