Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 4:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 4:36 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 04:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.06 meters/second, 1605.8 km/hour, 997.8 miles/hour or 867.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.7"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||South||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 48.0"||997.69 mi||West||0° 10' 01.5"||11.48 mi||South||997.95 mi|
|24 hours||10° 56' 44.2"||750.73 mi||East||4° 11' 16.2"||287.76 mi||South||806.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sat 6:44 PM||651 km||405 miles||352 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Fri 6:44 PM||1539 km||956 miles||831 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Fri 4:44 PM||2084 km||1295 miles||1125 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 5:44 PM||2291 km||1423 miles||1237 nm||SW|
|Apia||Sat 5:44 PM||2737 km||1701 miles||1478 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Fri 6:44 PM||2959 km||1839 miles||1598 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Sat 4:44 PM||2982 km||1853 miles||1610 nm||SW|
|Midway||Fri 5:44 PM||2991 km||1859 miles||1615 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Sat 4:44 PM||3160 km||1964 miles||1706 nm||W|
|Alofi||Fri 5:44 PM||3162 km||1965 miles||1707 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.