Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 5:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 4:36 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 05:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 446.20 meters/second, 1606.3 kilometres/hour, 998.1 miles/hour or 867.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.7"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||South||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 47.5"||998.00 mi||West||0° 10' 03.8"||11.52 mi||South||998.25 mi|
|24 hours||10° 57' 05.2"||751.36 mi||East||4° 11' 59.3"||288.59 mi||South||807.54 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Fri 5:34 PM||933 km||580 miles||504 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Fri 5:34 PM||977 km||607 miles||528 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 7:34 PM||1660 km||1032 miles||897 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Sat 6:34 PM||1845 km||1147 miles||996 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sat 5:34 PM||1863 km||1157 miles||1006 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Sat 5:34 PM||1915 km||1190 miles||1034 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sat 5:34 PM||2046 km||1271 miles||1105 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Fri 7:34 PM||2116 km||1315 miles||1143 nm||NE|
|Apia||Sat 6:34 PM||2340 km||1454 miles||1264 nm||S|
|Midway||Fri 6:34 PM||2400 km||1491 miles||1296 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.