Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 10:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 4:35 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:25 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 10:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.97 meters/second, 1609.1 km/hour, 999.8 miles/hour or 868.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.6"||16.66 mi||west||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||south||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 44.2"||999.79 mi||west||0° 10' 16.2"||11.76 mi||south||1000.03 mi|
|24 hours||10° 59' 28.1"||755.48 mi||east||4° 16' 06.0"||293.31 mi||south||812.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kota Kinabalu||Sat 6:34 PM||67 km||42 miles||36 nm||SE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Sat 6:34 PM||190 km||118 miles||102 nm||SSW|
|Pekan Tutong||Sat 6:34 PM||219 km||136 miles||118 nm||SSW|
|Kuala Belait||Sat 6:34 PM||266 km||165 miles||144 nm||SW|
|Miri||Sat 6:34 PM||299 km||186 miles||162 nm||SW|
|Puerto Princesa||Sat 6:34 PM||491 km||305 miles||265 nm||NE|
|Kuching||Sat 6:34 PM||807 km||502 miles||436 nm||SW|
|Balikpapan||Sat 6:34 PM||863 km||536 miles||466 nm||S|
|Bacolod||Sat 6:34 PM||922 km||573 miles||498 nm||ENE|
|Palu||Sat 6:34 PM||936 km||582 miles||506 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.