Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, May 19, 2013 at 04:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 4:35 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:25 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, May 19, 2013 at 04:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.90 meters/second, 1616.0 km/hour, 1004.2 miles/hour or 872.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.74 mi||west||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||south||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 23.0"||1004.13 mi||west||0° 10' 53.1"||12.47 mi||south||1004.29 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 03.8"||773.56 mi||east||4° 27' 29.9"||306.35 mi||south||832.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:34 PM||1264 km||785 miles||682 nm||W|
|Papeete||Sat 6:34 PM||2336 km||1452 miles||1262 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Sat 6:34 PM||2367 km||1471 miles||1278 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 6:34 PM||3099 km||1926 miles||1673 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:34 PM||3125 km||1941 miles||1687 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:34 PM||3402 km||2114 miles||1837 nm||W|
|Apia||Sun 5:34 PM||3414 km||2121 miles||1843 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Sat 8:34 PM||3581 km||2225 miles||1934 nm||SSE|
|Alofi||Sat 5:34 PM||3597 km||2235 miles||1942 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sun 4:34 PM||4070 km||2529 miles||2198 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.