Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, May 19, 2013 at 4:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 4:36 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, May 19, 2013 at 04:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.90 meters/second, 1616.0 km/hour, 1004.2 miles/hour or 872.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 23.0"||1004.05 mi||West||0° 10' 53.1"||12.46 mi||South||1004.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 02.9"||773.48 mi||East||4° 27' 29.5"||306.32 mi||South||832.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:34 PM||1294 km||804 miles||699 nm||W|
|Papeete||Sat 6:34 PM||2342 km||1455 miles||1264 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Sat 6:34 PM||2382 km||1480 miles||1286 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 6:34 PM||3114 km||1935 miles||1681 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:34 PM||3148 km||1956 miles||1700 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:34 PM||3432 km||2132 miles||1853 nm||W|
|Apia||Sun 5:34 PM||3439 km||2137 miles||1857 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Sat 8:34 PM||3567 km||2217 miles||1926 nm||SSE|
|Alofi||Sat 5:34 PM||3620 km||2249 miles||1954 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sun 4:34 PM||4101 km||2548 miles||2214 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.