Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, May 19, 2013 at 04:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 4:36 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, May 19, 2013 at 04:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.90 meters/second, 1616.0 km/hour, 1004.2 miles/hour or 872.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.73 mi||west||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||south||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 23.0"||1004.05 mi||west||0° 10' 53.1"||12.46 mi||south||1004.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 02.9"||773.48 mi||east||4° 27' 29.5"||306.32 mi||south||832.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:34 PM||1294 km||804 miles||699 nm||W|
|Papeete||Sat 6:34 PM||2342 km||1455 miles||1265 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Sat 6:34 PM||2382 km||1480 miles||1286 nm||NNW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 6:34 PM||3114 km||1935 miles||1681 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:34 PM||3152 km||1958 miles||1702 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:34 PM||3432 km||2132 miles||1853 nm||W|
|Apia||Sun 5:34 PM||3439 km||2137 miles||1857 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Sat 8:34 PM||3567 km||2217 miles||1926 nm||SSE|
|Alofi||Sat 5:34 PM||3619 km||2249 miles||1954 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sun 4:34 PM||4099 km||2547 miles||2213 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.