Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, May 24, 2013 at 4:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 4:36 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, May 24, 2013 at 04:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.32 meters/second, 1531.2 km/hour, 951.4 miles/hour or 826.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.86 mi||West||0° 00' 06.7"||0.13 mi||South||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 04.7"||951.12 mi||West||0° 06' 45.2"||7.74 mi||South||950.86 mi|
|24 hours||14° 41' 04.6"||969.82 mi||East||2° 07' 12.3"||145.81 mi||South||974.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lima||Thu 11:24 PM||732 km||455 miles||395 nm||NE|
|La Paz||Fri 12:24 AM||1392 km||865 miles||752 nm||E|
|Rio Branco||Fri 12:24 AM||1655 km||1029 miles||894 nm||ENE|
|Guayaquil||Thu 11:24 PM||1675 km||1041 miles||905 nm||N|
|Sucre||Fri 12:24 AM||1694 km||1052 miles||914 nm||E|
|Quito||Thu 11:24 PM||1912 km||1188 miles||1032 nm||N|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 10:24 PM||2036 km||1265 miles||1099 nm||NNW|
|Santiago||Fri 12:24 AM||2074 km||1289 miles||1120 nm||SSE|
|Córdoba||Fri 1:24 AM||2321 km||1442 miles||1253 nm||SE|
|Bogota||Thu 11:24 PM||2545 km||1581 miles||1374 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.