Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 10:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 10:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.31 meters/second, 1502.3 km/hour, 933.5 miles/hour or 811.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.0"||15.56 mi||West||0° 00' 00.9"||0.02 mi||North||15.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 07.6"||933.20 mi||West||0° 00' 56.8"||1.09 mi||North||933.25 mi|
|24 hours||15° 00' 10.0"||974.35 mi||East||1° 03' 48.2"||73.15 mi||North||980.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sun 1:32 AM||576 km||358 miles||311 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sun 12:32 AM||1098 km||682 miles||593 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Sun 2:32 AM||1110 km||689 miles||599 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 12:32 AM||2114 km||1314 miles||1141 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Mon 12:32 AM||3117 km||1937 miles||1683 nm||NW|
|Easter Island||Sun 4:32 AM||3165 km||1967 miles||1709 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sat 11:32 PM||3189 km||1981 miles||1722 nm||W|
|Apia||Sun 11:32 PM||3500 km||2175 miles||1890 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 11:32 PM||3607 km||2241 miles||1947 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 11:32 PM||3714 km||2308 miles||2005 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.