Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 11:42:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, May 26, 2013 at 11:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.36 meters/second, 1502.5 km/hour, 933.6 miles/hour or 811.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.0"||15.56 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||North||15.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 08.9"||933.34 mi||West||0° 01' 07.4"||1.29 mi||North||933.39 mi|
|24 hours||14° 59' 03.7"||973.27 mi||East||1° 07' 53.3"||77.83 mi||North||979.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sun 1:42 AM||386 km||240 miles||208 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Sun 1:42 AM||763 km||474 miles||412 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Sun 12:42 AM||1437 km||893 miles||776 nm||W|
|Apia||Mon 12:42 AM||1790 km||1112 miles||967 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 12:42 AM||1975 km||1227 miles||1066 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 12:42 AM||1998 km||1242 miles||1079 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 1:42 AM||2435 km||1513 miles||1315 nm||N|
|Suva||Sun 11:42 PM||2669 km||1658 miles||1441 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Sun 3:42 AM||2741 km||1703 miles||1480 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Sun 11:42 PM||2936 km||1824 miles||1585 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.