Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, May 27, 2013 at 9:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, May 27, 2013 at 09:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.23 meters/second, 1512.8 km/hour, 940.0 miles/hour or 816.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||North||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 59.3"||939.77 mi||West||0° 04' 15.7"||4.89 mi||North||939.98 mi|
|24 hours||14° 29' 32.7"||946.90 mi||East||2° 17' 54.1"||158.07 mi||North||966.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island||Mon 3:10 AM||989 km||614 miles||534 nm||SSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 3:10 AM||2618 km||1627 miles||1414 nm||NE|
|Adamstown||Mon 1:10 AM||2682 km||1666 miles||1448 nm||WSW|
|Lima||Mon 4:10 AM||3080 km||1914 miles||1663 nm||E|
|Quito||Mon 4:10 AM||3558 km||2211 miles||1921 nm||ENE|
|Santiago||Mon 5:10 AM||3739 km||2323 miles||2019 nm||ESE|
|La Paz||Mon 5:10 AM||3896 km||2421 miles||2104 nm||E|
|San Jose||Mon 3:10 AM||3944 km||2451 miles||2130 nm||NE|
|Managua||Mon 3:10 AM||4020 km||2498 miles||2171 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Mon 3:10 AM||4021 km||2498 miles||2171 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.