Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, May 27, 2013 at 11:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, May 27, 2013 at 11:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.73 meters/second, 1514.6 km/hour, 941.1 miles/hour or 817.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||North||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 07.8"||940.90 mi||West||0° 04' 35.1"||5.26 mi||North||941.13 mi|
|24 hours||14° 25' 24.4"||943.38 mi||East||2° 24' 52.6"||166.06 mi||North||964.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Mon 2:32 AM||614 km||381 miles||331 nm||SE|
|Adamstown||Mon 3:32 AM||1128 km||701 miles||609 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Mon 1:32 AM||1140 km||709 miles||616 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Mon 1:32 AM||2197 km||1365 miles||1186 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Tue 1:32 AM||3066 km||1905 miles||1656 nm||NW|
|Easter Island||Mon 5:32 AM||3150 km||1957 miles||1701 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Mon 12:32 AM||3262 km||2027 miles||1762 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 12:32 AM||3553 km||2208 miles||1919 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 12:32 AM||3640 km||2262 miles||1966 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 12:32 AM||3798 km||2360 miles||2051 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.