Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 11:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 11:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.07 meters/second, 1566.2 km/hour, 973.2 miles/hour or 845.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.22 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 58.9"||973.07 mi||West||0° 09' 33.1"||10.95 mi||North||973.44 mi|
|24 hours||12° 49' 19.3"||863.48 mi||East||4° 05' 33.4"||281.30 mi||North||914.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island||Wed 5:14 AM||1564 km||972 miles||844 nm||S|
|Galapagos Islands||Wed 5:14 AM||2308 km||1434 miles||1246 nm||NE|
|Adamstown||Wed 3:14 AM||2802 km||1741 miles||1513 nm||WSW|
|Lima||Wed 6:14 AM||3201 km||1989 miles||1729 nm||E|
|Quito||Wed 6:14 AM||3405 km||2116 miles||1838 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Wed 5:14 AM||3535 km||2197 miles||1909 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Wed 5:14 AM||3545 km||2203 miles||1914 nm||NNE|
|San Jose||Wed 5:14 AM||3562 km||2213 miles||1923 nm||NE|
|Managua||Wed 5:14 AM||3586 km||2228 miles||1936 nm||NE|
|Tegucigalpa||Wed 5:14 AM||3694 km||2295 miles||1995 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.