Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 5:14:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 05:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.59 meters/second, 1586.1 km/hour, 985.6 miles/hour or 856.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 28.7"||985.45 mi||West||0° 10' 35.1"||12.13 mi||North||985.80 mi|
|24 hours||12° 16' 14.4"||835.42 mi||East||4° 23' 45.1"||302.09 mi||North||892.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Thu 5:14 AM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||S|
|Abidjan||Thu 5:14 AM||1743 km||1083 miles||941 nm||N|
|Monrovia||Thu 5:14 AM||1879 km||1167 miles||1014 nm||NNW|
|Accra||Thu 5:14 AM||1888 km||1173 miles||1019 nm||NNE|
|Yamoussoukro||Thu 5:14 AM||1889 km||1174 miles||1020 nm||N|
|São Tomé||Thu 5:14 AM||1898 km||1180 miles||1025 nm||NE|
|Lome||Thu 5:14 AM||2012 km||1250 miles||1087 nm||NNE|
|Porto Novo||Thu 6:14 AM||2120 km||1317 miles||1145 nm||NNE|
|Libreville||Thu 6:14 AM||2148 km||1335 miles||1160 nm||ENE|
|Lagos||Thu 6:14 AM||2158 km||1341 miles||1165 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.