Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 11:04:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 65%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 11:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.17 meters/second, 1591.8 km/hour, 989.1 miles/hour or 859.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.48 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 55.6"||989.01 mi||West||0° 10' 49.6"||12.40 mi||North||989.33 mi|
|24 hours||12° 06' 41.2"||827.13 mi||East||4° 27' 34.2"||306.45 mi||North||886.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 5:04 AM||931 km||578 miles||503 nm||NNE|
|Guayaquil||Thu 6:04 AM||1474 km||916 miles||796 nm||ENE|
|Lima||Thu 6:04 AM||1589 km||987 miles||858 nm||ESE|
|Quito||Thu 6:04 AM||1724 km||1071 miles||931 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Thu 5:04 AM||2255 km||1401 miles||1218 nm||NNE|
|Panama||Thu 6:04 AM||2391 km||1486 miles||1291 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Thu 5:04 AM||2420 km||1503 miles||1306 nm||NNE|
|Bogota||Thu 6:04 AM||2439 km||1515 miles||1317 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Thu 5:04 AM||2537 km||1577 miles||1370 nm||N|
|Rio Branco||Thu 7:04 AM||2574 km||1600 miles||1390 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.