Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 11:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 11:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.26 meters/second, 1592.1 km/hour, 989.3 miles/hour or 859.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 57.1"||989.20 mi||West||0° 10' 50.2"||12.41 mi||North||989.53 mi|
|24 hours||12° 06' 09.7"||826.67 mi||East||4° 27' 45.5"||306.67 mi||North||885.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 5:24 AM||1156 km||719 miles||624 nm||NE|
|Guayaquil||Thu 6:24 AM||1947 km||1210 miles||1051 nm||ENE|
|Lima||Thu 6:24 AM||2110 km||1311 miles||1139 nm||E|
|Quito||Thu 6:24 AM||2181 km||1355 miles||1178 nm||ENE|
|Easter Island||Thu 5:24 AM||2431 km||1511 miles||1313 nm||SSW|
|San Jose||Thu 5:24 AM||2489 km||1547 miles||1344 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Thu 5:24 AM||2588 km||1608 miles||1398 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Thu 5:24 AM||2633 km||1636 miles||1422 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Thu 5:24 AM||2692 km||1673 miles||1454 nm||NNE|
|Panama||Thu 6:24 AM||2715 km||1687 miles||1466 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.