Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 3:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 15:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 443.17 meters/second, 1595.4 kilometres/hour, 991.3 miles/hour or 861.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.52 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 13.1"||991.24 mi||West||0° 10' 57.8"||12.56 mi||North||991.55 mi|
|24 hours||12° 00' 36.7"||821.79 mi||East||4° 29' 36.8"||308.78 mi||North||881.55 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Thu 5:30 AM||963 km||598 miles||520 nm||E|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Thu 5:00 AM||971 km||603 miles||524 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Thu 5:00 AM||1017 km||632 miles||549 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Fri 5:00 AM||1523 km||946 miles||822 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 5:00 AM||1882 km||1169 miles||1016 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 4:00 AM||2528 km||1571 miles||1365 nm||W|
|Alofi||Thu 4:00 AM||2619 km||1627 miles||1414 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Fri 4:00 AM||2638 km||1639 miles||1424 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Thu 7:00 AM||2662 km||1654 miles||1437 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Fri 4:00 AM||3217 km||1999 miles||1737 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.