Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 3:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 15:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 443.37 meters/second, 1596.1 kilometres/hour, 991.8 miles/hour or 861.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.53 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 16.6"||991.70 mi||West||0° 10' 59.4"||12.59 mi||North||992.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 59' 21.9"||820.69 mi||East||4° 29' 59.5"||309.21 mi||North||880.59 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Fri 5:50 AM||1170 km||727 miles||632 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 4:50 AM||1205 km||749 miles||651 nm||W|
|Apia||Fri 4:50 AM||1395 km||867 miles||753 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 5:50 AM||1434 km||891 miles||774 nm||S|
|Papeete||Thu 5:50 AM||1550 km||963 miles||837 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Thu 4:50 AM||1580 km||982 miles||853 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Thu 3:50 AM||2025 km||1258 miles||1093 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 4:50 AM||2140 km||1330 miles||1156 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Fri 3:50 AM||2258 km||1403 miles||1219 nm||W|
|Suva||Fri 3:50 AM||2547 km||1582 miles||1375 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.