Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 16:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:25 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 6:59 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 16:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.41 meters/second, 1596.3 km/hour, 991.9 miles/hour or 861.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.53 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 17.3"||991.86 mi||west||0° 10' 59.8"||12.60 mi||north||992.17 mi|
|24 hours||11° 59' 05.3"||820.50 mi||east||4° 30' 04.4"||309.33 mi||north||880.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Fri 5:00 AM||916 km||569 miles||494 nm||W|
|Rawaki||Fri 5:00 AM||991 km||616 miles||535 nm||WNW|
|Apia||Fri 5:00 AM||1141 km||709 miles||616 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 6:00 AM||1283 km||797 miles||693 nm||NNE|
|Alofi||Thu 5:00 AM||1410 km||876 miles||761 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 6:00 AM||1477 km||918 miles||798 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Thu 4:00 AM||1764 km||1096 miles||953 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Thu 6:00 AM||1780 km||1106 miles||961 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Fri 5:00 AM||1937 km||1204 miles||1046 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Fri 4:00 AM||1960 km||1218 miles||1058 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.