Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 16:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:25 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 6:59 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 16:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.45 meters/second, 1596.4 km/hour, 992.0 miles/hour or 862.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.53 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 18.1"||991.95 mi||west||0° 11' 00.1"||12.60 mi||north||992.26 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 50.4"||820.28 mi||east||4° 30' 08.8"||309.41 mi||north||880.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Fri 5:10 AM||654 km||406 miles||353 nm||WSW|
|Rawaki||Fri 5:10 AM||770 km||479 miles||416 nm||NW|
|Pago Pago||Thu 5:10 AM||884 km||549 miles||477 nm||SW|
|Apia||Fri 5:10 AM||932 km||579 miles||503 nm||SW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Fri 5:10 AM||963 km||598 miles||520 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Thu 5:10 AM||1294 km||804 miles||698 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 6:10 AM||1431 km||889 miles||772 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Thu 4:10 AM||1542 km||958 miles||832 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 6:10 AM||1561 km||970 miles||843 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Fri 4:10 AM||1694 km||1053 miles||915 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.