Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 16:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 16:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.45 meters/second, 1596.4 km/hour, 992.0 miles/hour or 862.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.53 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 18.0"||991.88 mi||west||0° 11' 00.1"||12.60 mi||north||992.18 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 52.2"||820.25 mi||east||4° 30' 08.2"||309.38 mi||north||880.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Fri 5:10 AM||683 km||424 miles||369 nm||W|
|Rawaki||Fri 5:10 AM||794 km||493 miles||428 nm||NW|
|Pago Pago||Thu 5:10 AM||903 km||561 miles||488 nm||SW|
|Apia||Fri 5:10 AM||954 km||593 miles||515 nm||SW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Fri 5:10 AM||986 km||612 miles||532 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Thu 5:10 AM||1304 km||811 miles||704 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 6:10 AM||1412 km||878 miles||763 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 6:10 AM||1550 km||963 miles||837 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Thu 4:10 AM||1566 km||973 miles||845 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Fri 4:10 AM||1724 km||1071 miles||931 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.