Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 17:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 17:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.70 meters/second, 1597.3 km/hour, 992.5 miles/hour or 862.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.54 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 22.6"||992.44 mi||west||0° 11' 02.0"||12.64 mi||north||992.75 mi|
|24 hours||348° 02' 42.0"||818.85 mi||west||4° 30' 35.2"||309.89 mi||north||878.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Fri 5:14 AM||58 km||36 miles||31 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 5:14 AM||1017 km||632 miles||549 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 6:14 AM||1040 km||646 miles||561 nm||E|
|Suva||Fri 5:14 AM||1123 km||698 miles||606 nm||S|
|Apia||Fri 6:14 AM||1157 km||719 miles||625 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Fri 5:14 AM||1264 km||785 miles||683 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 6:14 AM||1561 km||970 miles||843 nm||SSE|
|Port Vila||Fri 4:14 AM||1612 km||1002 miles||871 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Fri 5:14 AM||1615 km||1004 miles||872 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Thu 6:14 AM||1678 km||1043 miles||906 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.