Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, May 31, 2013 at 2:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, May 31, 2013 at 02:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.59 meters/second, 1604.1 km/hour, 996.8 miles/hour or 866.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||16.61 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||North||16.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 57.8"||996.69 mi||West||0° 11' 15.1"||12.89 mi||North||996.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 45' 16.8"||808.02 mi||East||4° 33' 10.0"||312.83 mi||North||869.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Victoria||Fri 6:00 AM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||ENE|
|Moroni||Fri 5:00 AM||1158 km||719 miles||625 nm||WSW|
|Mogadishu||Fri 5:00 AM||1216 km||756 miles||657 nm||NW|
|Dar es Salaam||Fri 5:00 AM||1445 km||898 miles||780 nm||W|
|Antananarivo||Fri 5:00 AM||1479 km||919 miles||799 nm||SSW|
|Port Louis||Fri 6:00 AM||1621 km||1007 miles||875 nm||SSE|
|Saint-Denis||Fri 6:00 AM||1636 km||1017 miles||883 nm||SSE|
|Nairobi||Fri 5:00 AM||1815 km||1128 miles||980 nm||WNW|
|Dodoma||Fri 5:00 AM||1838 km||1142 miles||992 nm||W|
|Lilongwe||Fri 4:00 AM||2200 km||1367 miles||1188 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.