Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, May 31, 2013 at 5:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, May 31, 2013 at 05:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.19 meters/second, 1606.3 km/hour, 998.1 miles/hour or 867.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 09.4"||998.02 mi||West||0° 11' 18.5"||12.95 mi||North||998.27 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 19.8"||804.39 mi||East||4° 33' 37.9"||313.36 mi||North||865.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pointe-Noire||Fri 6:10 AM||614 km||381 miles||331 nm||E|
|Port-Gentil||Fri 6:10 AM||619 km||385 miles||334 nm||NNE|
|Cabinda||Fri 6:10 AM||638 km||397 miles||345 nm||E|
|São Tomé||Fri 5:10 AM||680 km||423 miles||367 nm||N|
|Dolisie||Fri 6:10 AM||715 km||444 miles||386 nm||ENE|
|Libreville||Fri 6:10 AM||763 km||474 miles||412 nm||NNE|
|Luanda||Fri 6:10 AM||822 km||511 miles||444 nm||ESE|
|Santo António (Príncipe)||Fri 5:10 AM||831 km||516 miles||449 nm||N|
|Franceville||Fri 6:10 AM||919 km||571 miles||496 nm||ENE|
|Bata||Fri 6:10 AM||926 km||575 miles||500 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.