Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, May 31, 2013 at 09:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, May 31, 2013 at 09:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.84 meters/second, 1608.6 km/hour, 999.6 miles/hour or 868.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.66 mi||west||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||north||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 23.0"||999.48 mi||west||0° 11' 21.7"||13.01 mi||north||999.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 50.0"||800.19 mi||east||4° 33' 52.7"||313.64 mi||north||861.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|São Félix do Xingu||Fri 6:00 AM||356 km||221 miles||192 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Fri 6:00 AM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||N|
|Santarém||Fri 6:00 AM||683 km||424 miles||369 nm||WNW|
|Cayenne||Fri 6:00 AM||1162 km||722 miles||628 nm||NNW|
|Fortaleza||Fri 6:00 AM||1184 km||736 miles||639 nm||E|
|Brasilia||Fri 6:00 AM||1193 km||741 miles||644 nm||S|
|Manaus||Fri 5:00 AM||1225 km||761 miles||661 nm||W|
|Paramaribo||Fri 6:00 AM||1378 km||856 miles||744 nm||NNW|
|Salvador||Fri 6:00 AM||1462 km||909 miles||789 nm||SE|
|Recife||Fri 6:00 AM||1614 km||1003 miles||872 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.