Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, May 31, 2013 at 11:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 54%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, May 31, 2013 at 11:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.15 meters/second, 1609.7 kilometres/hour, 1000.2 miles/hour or 869.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||North||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 29.8"||1000.17 mi||West||0° 11' 23.1"||13.04 mi||North||1000.39 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 36.6"||798.09 mi||East||4° 33' 52.4"||313.63 mi||North||859.15 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Loja||Fri 6:00 AM||138 km||86 miles||74 nm||NW|
|Cuenca||Fri 6:00 AM||220 km||137 miles||119 nm||NNW|
|Guayaquil||Fri 6:00 AM||335 km||208 miles||181 nm||NW|
|Ambato||Fri 6:00 AM||384 km||239 miles||208 nm||N|
|Trujillo||Fri 6:00 AM||388 km||241 miles||210 nm||SSW|
|Portoviejo||Fri 6:00 AM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||NNW|
|Quito||Fri 6:00 AM||497 km||309 miles||268 nm||N|
|Santo Domingo (Ecuador)||Fri 6:00 AM||504 km||313 miles||272 nm||NNW|
|Iquitos||Fri 6:00 AM||558 km||346 miles||301 nm||E|
|Ibarra||Fri 6:00 AM||559 km||347 miles||302 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.