Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, May 31, 2013 at 12:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, May 31, 2013 at 12:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.43 meters/second, 1610.8 km/hour, 1000.9 miles/hour or 869.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||North||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 36.3"||1000.81 mi||West||0° 11' 24.1"||13.06 mi||North||1001.02 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 30.4"||796.08 mi||East||4° 33' 46.7"||313.52 mi||North||857.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 6:58 AM||1940 km||1206 miles||1048 nm||E|
|Acapulco *||Fri 7:58 AM||2459 km||1528 miles||1328 nm||NNE|
|Easter Island||Fri 6:58 AM||2533 km||1574 miles||1368 nm||S|
|Guatemala||Fri 6:58 AM||2753 km||1710 miles||1486 nm||NE|
|Mexico City *||Fri 7:58 AM||2756 km||1712 miles||1488 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Fri 6:58 AM||2779 km||1727 miles||1500 nm||NE|
|Managua||Fri 6:58 AM||2906 km||1806 miles||1569 nm||NE|
|Tegucigalpa||Fri 6:58 AM||2962 km||1841 miles||1600 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Fri 6:58 AM||2964 km||1842 miles||1601 nm||ENE|
|Belmopan||Fri 6:58 AM||3096 km||1924 miles||1672 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.