Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, May 31, 2013 at 3:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, May 31, 2013 at 15:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.71 meters/second, 1611.7 kilometres/hour, 1001.5 miles/hour or 870.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||North||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.7"||1001.42 mi||West||0° 11' 25.0"||13.07 mi||North||1001.62 mi|
|24 hours||11° 30' 25.1"||794.07 mi||East||4° 33' 35.5"||313.30 mi||North||854.88 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Fri 5:30 AM||666 km||414 miles||360 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Fri 5:00 AM||2092 km||1300 miles||1130 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Fri 7:00 AM||2427 km||1508 miles||1311 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 5:00 AM||2435 km||1513 miles||1315 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 5:00 AM||3186 km||1979 miles||1720 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Fri 5:00 AM||3657 km||2273 miles||1975 nm||NW|
|Easter Island||Fri 9:00 AM||3838 km||2385 miles||2072 nm||SE|
|Fakaofo||Sat 4:00 AM||3912 km||2431 miles||2112 nm||W|
|Alofi||Fri 4:00 AM||4026 km||2501 miles||2174 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Sat 4:00 AM||4054 km||2519 miles||2189 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.