Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, May 31, 2013 at 6:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:27 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, May 31, 2013 at 18:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.18 meters/second, 1613.4 kilometres/hour, 1002.5 miles/hour or 871.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.8"||1002.48 mi||West||0° 11' 25.9"||13.09 mi||North||1002.65 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 35.9"||790.32 mi||East||4° 32' 58.3"||312.59 mi||North||850.74 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Sat 6:58 AM||303 km||188 miles||164 nm||NNE|
|Tarawa||Sat 6:58 AM||911 km||566 miles||492 nm||NE|
|Tabiteuea||Sat 6:58 AM||975 km||606 miles||526 nm||ENE|
|Honiara||Sat 5:58 AM||977 km||607 miles||528 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Sat 6:58 AM||1274 km||791 miles||688 nm||NNE|
|Palikir||Sat 5:58 AM||1432 km||890 miles||773 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Sat 6:58 AM||1554 km||965 miles||839 nm||ESE|
|Port Vila||Sat 5:58 AM||1626 km||1010 miles||878 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Fri 6:58 AM||1962 km||1219 miles||1059 nm||E|
|Suva||Sat 6:58 AM||2123 km||1319 miles||1146 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.