Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, May 31, 2013 at 18:58:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Saturday, May 25, 2013 at 4:25 AM|
|This phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 6:59 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, May 31, 2013 at 18:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.18 meters/second, 1613.4 km/hour, 1002.5 miles/hour or 871.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||north||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.8"||1002.48 mi||west||0° 11' 25.9"||13.09 mi||north||1002.66 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 34.8"||790.30 mi||east||4° 32' 58.1"||312.59 mi||north||850.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Sat 6:58 AM||313 km||194 miles||169 nm||NNE|
|Tarawa||Sat 6:58 AM||936 km||582 miles||505 nm||ENE|
|Honiara||Sat 5:58 AM||957 km||595 miles||517 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Sat 6:58 AM||1284 km||798 miles||693 nm||NNE|
|Palikir||Sat 5:58 AM||1412 km||877 miles||763 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Sat 6:58 AM||1583 km||984 miles||855 nm||ESE|
|Port Vila||Sat 5:58 AM||1630 km||1013 miles||880 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Fri 6:58 AM||1991 km||1237 miles||1075 nm||E|
|Suva||Sat 6:58 AM||2142 km||1331 miles||1157 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Sat 4:58 AM||2187 km||1359 miles||1181 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.