Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, June 1, 2013 at 16:54:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, June 1, 2013 at 16:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.25 meters/second, 1617.3 km/hour, 1004.9 miles/hour or 873.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.75 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||north||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.8"||1004.87 mi||west||0° 11' 15.6"||12.89 mi||north||1004.92 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 19.1"||773.82 mi||east||4° 23' 49.9"||302.13 mi||north||829.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:54 AM||567 km||352 miles||306 nm||W|
|Papeete||Sat 6:54 AM||2069 km||1286 miles||1117 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Sat 6:54 AM||2329 km||1447 miles||1258 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:54 AM||2389 km||1484 miles||1290 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 6:54 AM||2587 km||1608 miles||1397 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:54 AM||2691 km||1672 miles||1453 nm||W|
|Apia||Sun 5:54 AM||2699 km||1677 miles||1457 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Sat 5:54 AM||2934 km||1823 miles||1584 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sun 4:54 AM||3328 km||2068 miles||1797 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 5:54 AM||3490 km||2169 miles||1885 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.