Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, June 2, 2013 at 4:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 30%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, June 2, 2013 at 16:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.59 meters/second, 1611.3 km/hour, 1001.2 miles/hour or 870.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 14.1"||1001.14 mi||West||0° 10' 37.7"||12.17 mi||North||1001.07 mi|
|24 hours||11° 04' 59.6"||763.28 mi||East||4° 03' 59.5"||279.45 mi||North||809.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Mon 6:54 AM||1841 km||1144 miles||994 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Sun 6:54 AM||2524 km||1568 miles||1363 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Sun 6:54 AM||2697 km||1676 miles||1456 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Sun 8:54 AM||3573 km||2220 miles||1929 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 6:54 AM||3578 km||2224 miles||1932 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 5:54 AM||3713 km||2307 miles||2005 nm||WSW|
|Los Angeles *||Sun 9:54 AM||3957 km||2459 miles||2137 nm||NNE|
|Baker Island||Sun 4:54 AM||3970 km||2467 miles||2144 nm||W|
|Apia||Mon 5:54 AM||3996 km||2483 miles||2158 nm||WSW|
|San Francisco *||Sun 9:54 AM||4060 km||2523 miles||2192 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.