Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, June 2, 2013 at 16:54:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 30%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 6:59 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, June 2, 2013 at 16:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.59 meters/second, 1611.3 km/hour, 1001.2 miles/hour or 870.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.69 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||north||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 14.1"||1001.21 mi||west||0° 10' 37.7"||12.17 mi||north||1001.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 04' 59.5"||763.33 mi||east||4° 03' 58.2"||279.45 mi||north||809.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Mon 6:54 AM||1812 km||1126 miles||978 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Sun 6:54 AM||2503 km||1555 miles||1351 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Sun 6:54 AM||2688 km||1670 miles||1451 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 6:54 AM||3562 km||2213 miles||1923 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Sun 8:54 AM||3583 km||2226 miles||1935 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Mon 5:54 AM||3689 km||2293 miles||1992 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 4:54 AM||3941 km||2449 miles||2128 nm||W|
|Apia||Mon 5:54 AM||3971 km||2468 miles||2144 nm||WSW|
|Los Angeles *||Sun 9:54 AM||3973 km||2469 miles||2145 nm||NE|
|San Francisco *||Sun 9:54 AM||4071 km||2529 miles||2198 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.