Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, June 2, 2013 at 23:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 28%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, June 2, 2013 at 23:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.64 meters/second, 1607.9 km/hour, 999.1 miles/hour or 868.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.65 mi||west||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||north||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 17.3"||999.00 mi||west||0° 10' 22.3"||11.88 mi||north||998.89 mi|
|24 hours||11° 04' 54.2"||761.50 mi||east||3° 56' 34.6"||270.97 mi||north||804.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kota Kinabalu||Mon 7:48 AM||283 km||176 miles||153 nm||WSW|
|Puerto Princesa||Mon 7:48 AM||350 km||217 miles||189 nm||N|
|Zamboanga City||Mon 7:48 AM||390 km||242 miles||211 nm||E|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Mon 7:48 AM||438 km||272 miles||236 nm||WSW|
|Pekan Tutong||Mon 7:48 AM||475 km||295 miles||257 nm||WSW|
|Kuala Belait||Mon 7:48 AM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||WSW|
|Miri||Mon 7:48 AM||561 km||349 miles||303 nm||WSW|
|Iloilo City||Mon 7:48 AM||634 km||394 miles||342 nm||NE|
|Marawi City||Mon 7:48 AM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||ENE|
|Bacolod||Mon 7:48 AM||662 km||411 miles||358 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.