Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, June 3, 2013 at 4:54:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 26%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 3, 2013 at 04:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 445.82 meters/second, 1604.9 kilometres/hour, 997.3 miles/hour or 866.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||North||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 18.4"||997.15 mi||West||0° 10' 09.6"||11.64 mi||North||997.02 mi|
|24 hours||11° 05' 15.9"||760.49 mi||East||3° 50' 38.3"||264.18 mi||North||801.38 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kebri Dahar||Mon 7:54 AM||81 km||50 miles||44 nm||S|
|Degehabur||Mon 7:54 AM||127 km||79 miles||68 nm||NW|
|Kebri Beyah||Mon 7:54 AM||228 km||141 miles||123 nm||NW|
|Hargeisa||Mon 7:54 AM||236 km||147 miles||128 nm||N|
|Berbera||Mon 7:54 AM||337 km||209 miles||182 nm||N|
|Galkayo||Mon 7:54 AM||342 km||212 miles||184 nm||ESE|
|Dire Dawa||Mon 7:54 AM||368 km||228 miles||199 nm||NW|
|Ali Sabieh||Mon 7:54 AM||450 km||280 miles||243 nm||NNW|
|Dikhil||Mon 7:54 AM||462 km||287 miles||250 nm||NNW|
|Djibouti||Mon 7:54 AM||478 km||297 miles||258 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.