Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, June 3, 2013 at 5:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 21%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 3, 2013 at 17:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.35 meters/second, 1596.1 km/hour, 991.7 miles/hour or 861.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.53 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 17.1"||991.60 mi||West||0° 09' 33.1"||10.94 mi||North||991.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 07' 35.8"||758.94 mi||East||3° 33' 55.6"||245.07 mi||North||793.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Tue 7:48 AM||1789 km||1111 miles||966 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 7:48 AM||2042 km||1269 miles||1103 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Mon 7:48 AM||3081 km||1915 miles||1664 nm||SSW|
|Los Angeles *||Mon 10:48 AM||3714 km||2308 miles||2005 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 6:48 AM||3750 km||2330 miles||2025 nm||WSW|
|San Francisco *||Mon 10:48 AM||3751 km||2331 miles||2025 nm||NNE|
|Baker Island||Mon 5:48 AM||3837 km||2384 miles||2072 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 7:48 AM||3864 km||2401 miles||2086 nm||SSW|
|Hermosillo||Mon 10:48 AM||3988 km||2478 miles||2153 nm||NE|
|Las Vegas *||Mon 10:48 AM||4079 km||2534 miles||2202 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.