Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 11:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 11:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.26 meters/second, 1581.3 km/hour, 982.6 miles/hour or 853.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 07.1"||982.43 mi||West||0° 08' 32.9"||9.79 mi||North||982.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 23.2"||758.60 mi||East||3° 07' 03.5"||214.33 mi||North||783.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Tue 8:38 AM||1364 km||848 miles||736 nm||SW|
|Paramaribo||Tue 8:38 AM||1577 km||980 miles||852 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Tue 8:38 AM||1662 km||1033 miles||897 nm||SSW|
|Fortaleza||Tue 8:38 AM||1821 km||1132 miles||984 nm||SSE|
|Georgetown||Tue 7:38 AM||1835 km||1140 miles||991 nm||WSW|
|Bridgetown||Tue 7:38 AM||1875 km||1165 miles||1012 nm||W|
|Castries||Tue 7:38 AM||2027 km||1260 miles||1094 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Tue 7:38 AM||2041 km||1268 miles||1102 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Tue 7:38 AM||2049 km||1273 miles||1107 nm||W|
|Praia||Tue 10:38 AM||2061 km||1281 miles||1113 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.