Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 11:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 6:59 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 11:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.26 meters/second, 1581.3 km/hour, 982.6 miles/hour or 853.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.38 mi||west||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||north||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 07.1"||982.49 mi||west||0° 08' 32.9"||9.79 mi||north||982.27 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 23.7"||758.65 mi||east||3° 07' 01.7"||214.31 mi||north||783.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Tue 8:38 AM||1340 km||833 miles||724 nm||SW|
|Paramaribo||Tue 8:38 AM||1551 km||964 miles||837 nm||WSW|
|Belém||Tue 8:38 AM||1651 km||1026 miles||891 nm||SSW|
|Georgetown||Tue 7:38 AM||1807 km||1123 miles||976 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Tue 8:38 AM||1829 km||1137 miles||988 nm||SSE|
|Bridgetown||Tue 7:38 AM||1845 km||1147 miles||996 nm||W|
|Castries||Tue 7:38 AM||1997 km||1241 miles||1078 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Tue 7:38 AM||2011 km||1250 miles||1086 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Tue 7:38 AM||2020 km||1255 miles||1091 nm||W|
|Roseau||Tue 7:38 AM||2053 km||1276 miles||1108 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.