Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 12:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 15%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 12:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.98 meters/second, 1580.3 km/hour, 982.0 miles/hour or 853.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.37 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||North||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 06.0"||981.79 mi||West||0° 08' 28.6"||9.71 mi||North||981.57 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 50.4"||758.63 mi||East||3° 05' 09.3"||212.15 mi||North||783.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Tue 8:48 AM||79 km||49 miles||42 nm||NNW|
|Scarborough||Tue 8:48 AM||208 km||129 miles||112 nm||SW|
|Kingstown||Tue 8:48 AM||220 km||137 miles||119 nm||WNW|
|Vieux Fort||Tue 8:48 AM||226 km||140 miles||122 nm||NW|
|Castries||Tue 8:48 AM||249 km||155 miles||135 nm||NW|
|Saint George's||Tue 8:48 AM||267 km||166 miles||144 nm||W|
|Fort-de-France||Tue 8:48 AM||304 km||189 miles||164 nm||NW|
|Port of Spain||Tue 8:48 AM||310 km||193 miles||167 nm||SW|
|Chaguanas||Tue 8:48 AM||312 km||194 miles||168 nm||SW|
|San Fernando||Tue 8:48 AM||334 km||208 miles||181 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.