Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 3:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 15:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.38 meters/second, 1578.2 km/hour, 980.6 miles/hour or 852.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.34 mi||West||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||North||16.34 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 04.0"||980.44 mi||West||0° 08' 19.5"||9.54 mi||North||980.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 14' 48.5"||758.71 mi||East||3° 01' 08.1"||207.55 mi||North||781.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santa María Huatulco *||Tue 10:14 AM||379 km||235 miles||205 nm||NNW|
|Quetzaltenango||Tue 9:14 AM||397 km||247 miles||214 nm||ENE|
|Escuintla||Tue 9:14 AM||455 km||283 miles||246 nm||ENE|
|Tuxtla Gutierrez *||Tue 10:14 AM||470 km||292 miles||254 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Tue 9:14 AM||493 km||307 miles||266 nm||ENE|
|Oaxaca *||Tue 10:14 AM||521 km||324 miles||281 nm||NNW|
|Santa Ana||Tue 9:14 AM||573 km||356 miles||309 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Tue 9:14 AM||605 km||376 miles||327 nm||E|
|San Vicente||Tue 9:14 AM||648 km||403 miles||350 nm||E|
|San Miguel||Tue 9:14 AM||711 km||442 miles||384 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.