Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 4:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 16:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.99 meters/second, 1576.8 km/hour, 979.8 miles/hour or 851.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.33 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||16.33 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 02.7"||979.57 mi||West||0° 08' 13.5"||9.42 mi||North||979.34 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 26.6"||758.77 mi||East||2° 58' 30.3"||204.54 mi||North||781.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mazatlan *||Tue 10:48 AM||1625 km||1010 miles||877 nm||NE|
|Guadalajara *||Tue 11:48 AM||1725 km||1072 miles||932 nm||ENE|
|Aguascalientes *||Tue 11:48 AM||1885 km||1171 miles||1018 nm||ENE|
|Leon *||Tue 11:48 AM||1903 km||1183 miles||1028 nm||ENE|
|Hermosillo||Tue 9:48 AM||1903 km||1183 miles||1028 nm||NNE|
|Acapulco *||Tue 11:48 AM||1939 km||1205 miles||1047 nm||ENE|
|Mexico City *||Tue 11:48 AM||2083 km||1294 miles||1125 nm||ENE|
|Tijuana *||Tue 9:48 AM||2162 km||1344 miles||1168 nm||N|
|San Diego *||Tue 9:48 AM||2183 km||1356 miles||1179 nm||N|
|Mexicali *||Tue 9:48 AM||2184 km||1357 miles||1179 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.