Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 6:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 18:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.49 meters/second, 1575.0 km/hour, 978.6 miles/hour or 850.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.31 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.16 mi||North||16.31 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 01.0"||978.44 mi||West||0° 08' 05.6"||9.27 mi||North||978.21 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 16.3"||758.85 mi||East||2° 55' 06.5"||200.65 mi||North||780.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Tue 8:48 AM||1495 km||929 miles||807 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 8:48 AM||1734 km||1078 miles||937 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Tue 8:48 AM||3424 km||2128 miles||1849 nm||S|
|Midway||Tue 7:48 AM||3596 km||2234 miles||1942 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Tue 6:48 AM||3605 km||2240 miles||1947 nm||WSW|
|San Francisco *||Tue 11:48 AM||3616 km||2247 miles||1952 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles *||Tue 11:48 AM||3666 km||2278 miles||1980 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 7:48 AM||3702 km||2300 miles||1999 nm||SW|
|Las Vegas *||Tue 11:48 AM||4028 km||2503 miles||2175 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Tue 11:48 AM||4065 km||2526 miles||2195 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.