Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 9:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 21:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.74 meters/second, 1572.2 km/hour, 976.9 miles/hour or 848.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.28 mi||West||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||North||16.28 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 58.0"||976.75 mi||West||0° 07' 53.8"||9.05 mi||North||976.52 mi|
|24 hours||348° 42' 27.8"||759.00 mi||West||2° 49' 55.3"||194.71 mi||North||778.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kwajalein||Wed 9:48 AM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Wed 9:48 AM||708 km||440 miles||383 nm||NNW|
|Majuro||Wed 9:48 AM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Wed 9:48 AM||1400 km||870 miles||756 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Wed 8:48 AM||1483 km||922 miles||801 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Wed 9:48 AM||1607 km||998 miles||868 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Tue 10:48 AM||2082 km||1294 miles||1124 nm||NE|
|Baker Island||Tue 9:48 AM||2120 km||1317 miles||1144 nm||SE|
|Funafuti||Wed 9:48 AM||2663 km||1655 miles||1438 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Wed 7:48 AM||2717 km||1688 miles||1467 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.