Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 11:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 23:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 436.23 meters/second, 1570.4 kilometres/hour, 975.8 miles/hour or 848.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.26 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 56.1"||975.62 mi||West||0° 07' 45.7"||8.89 mi||North||975.38 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 23.4"||759.10 mi||East||2° 46' 24.3"||190.69 mi||North||777.98 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Wed 9:48 AM||431 km||268 miles||233 nm||E|
|Saipan||Wed 9:48 AM||551 km||343 miles||298 nm||ENE|
|Colonia||Wed 9:48 AM||570 km||354 miles||308 nm||SSW|
|Melekeok||Wed 8:48 AM||982 km||610 miles||530 nm||SW|
|Koror||Wed 8:48 AM||1005 km||625 miles||543 nm||SW|
|Manokwari||Wed 8:48 AM||1799 km||1118 miles||971 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Wed 8:48 AM||1823 km||1133 miles||984 nm||S|
|Davao||Wed 7:48 AM||1827 km||1135 miles||986 nm||WSW|
|General Santos||Wed 7:48 AM||1918 km||1192 miles||1036 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Wed 10:48 AM||2053 km||1275 miles||1108 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.