Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 23:58:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 6:59 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 at 23:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.18 meters/second, 1570.3 km/hour, 975.7 miles/hour or 847.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.26 mi||west||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||north||16.26 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 55.9"||975.58 mi||west||0° 07' 44.8"||8.88 mi||north||975.35 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 28.1"||759.17 mi||east||2° 46' 04.5"||190.33 mi||north||777.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Wed 9:58 AM||721 km||448 miles||389 nm||E|
|Melekeok||Wed 8:58 AM||810 km||504 miles||438 nm||SSW|
|Saipan||Wed 9:58 AM||835 km||519 miles||451 nm||E|
|Davao||Wed 7:58 AM||1565 km||972 miles||845 nm||WSW|
|General Santos||Wed 7:58 AM||1662 km||1033 miles||897 nm||WSW|
|Manokwari||Wed 8:58 AM||1700 km||1056 miles||918 nm||SSW|
|Quezon||Wed 7:58 AM||1840 km||1144 miles||994 nm||W|
|Manila||Wed 7:58 AM||1847 km||1147 miles||997 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Wed 8:58 AM||1848 km||1148 miles||998 nm||S|
|Manado||Wed 7:58 AM||2009 km||1249 miles||1085 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.