Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, June 5, 2013 at 23:58:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 6:59 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, June 5, 2013 at 23:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.25 meters/second, 1548.9 km/hour, 962.4 miles/hour or 836.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.04 mi||west||0° 00' 06.0"||0.11 mi||north||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 30.1"||962.26 mi||west||0° 05' 58.2"||6.84 mi||north||962.03 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 44.0"||760.52 mi||east||2° 00' 27.4"||138.08 mi||north||768.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Thu 9:58 AM||427 km||266 miles||231 nm||WSW|
|Hagåtña||Thu 9:58 AM||617 km||384 miles||333 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Thu 10:58 AM||1445 km||898 miles||780 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Thu 11:58 AM||1846 km||1147 miles||997 nm||ENE|
|Melekeok||Thu 8:58 AM||1905 km||1184 miles||1029 nm||WSW|
|Yokohama||Thu 8:58 AM||2288 km||1422 miles||1236 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Thu 8:58 AM||2310 km||1436 miles||1248 nm||NNW|
|Jayapura||Thu 8:58 AM||2337 km||1452 miles||1262 nm||SSW|
|Nagoya||Thu 8:58 AM||2391 km||1486 miles||1291 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Thu 8:58 AM||2422 km||1505 miles||1308 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.