Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, June 6, 2013 at 6:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, June 6, 2013 at 18:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.29 meters/second, 1534.6 km/hour, 953.6 miles/hour or 828.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.89 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||North||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 11.1"||953.30 mi||West||0° 04' 25.9"||5.08 mi||North||953.11 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 06.7"||760.71 mi||East||1° 21' 49.0"||93.79 mi||North||763.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mazatlan *||Thu 12:28 PM||1414 km||878 miles||763 nm||ENE|
|Hermosillo||Thu 11:28 AM||1442 km||896 miles||779 nm||NNE|
|Tijuana *||Thu 11:28 AM||1582 km||983 miles||854 nm||N|
|San Diego *||Thu 11:28 AM||1601 km||995 miles||865 nm||N|
|Mexicali *||Thu 11:28 AM||1621 km||1008 miles||876 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara *||Thu 1:28 PM||1660 km||1031 miles||896 nm||ENE|
|Los Angeles *||Thu 11:28 AM||1740 km||1081 miles||940 nm||N|
|Aguascalientes *||Thu 1:28 PM||1787 km||1110 miles||965 nm||ENE|
|Phoenix||Thu 11:28 AM||1808 km||1124 miles||976 nm||NNE|
|Leon *||Thu 1:28 PM||1838 km||1142 miles||992 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.